Youth & The Arts
Provided Underserved Students Opportunities
For more than 30 years, Youth and the Arts (YATA) has provided underserved students with opportunities to learn, practice and hone their theatre arts skills. Under the guidance of qualified artistic and academic professionals, students can explore their creativity in a safe, honest and non-judgemental environment.
YATA programs are based on the principle that the arts are an essential component in preparing young people intellectually, physically, emotionally and ethically for our complex and ever-changing world.
YATA has been recognized for its innovative apprenticeship and internship programs throughout the United States. Some of the organization’s work includes partnerships with:
- American Cabaret Theatre, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Downtown Cabaret Theatre, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- GPI Summer National Theatre, Glacier National Park, Montana
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tampa Bay, Florida
- The Alternative Academy for the Arts (in conjunction with Indianapolis Public Schools)
- Herron High School, Indianapolis, Indiana